We Prevent Family Homelessness
Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness for women and children. When a survivor comes to us in crisis, they often have nowhere else to turn.
homelessness & Housing Stability services
At LifeWire, we believe that no survivor should have to choose between staying in an abusive relationship and becoming homeless. That’s why we’ve developed a wide range of services that are uniquely designed to keep domestic violence survivors and their families off the streets and in safe and stable housing.
- At My Sister’s Home, LifeWire’s confidential emergency shelter, we offer housing and support services for domestic violence survivors in lethal situations. My Sister’s Home is open to all types of families and individuals.
- Through My Friend’s Place, we provide confidential transitional housing and support services for families healing from both domestic violence and chemical dependency.
- Flexible funds help survivors keep or find housing by stopping evictions and paying move-in costs, utilities and other expenses.
- Short-term rental assistance supports families as they transition into permanent, safe and stable housing.
LifeWire is nationally recognized for our forward-thinking and cost-effective Homelessness and Housing Stability Services for survivors of domestic violence.
- 99 families became stably housed through our Housing Stability Services in 2016. A modest investment of just $1,300 per family helped these families obtain or maintain housing, and 96% have remained stably housed after six months.
- We turn away 26 households for every 1 we can serve in emergency housing. However, many of those families are served through our Housing Stability Services, thereby reducing our turn away rate to 10 – 1.
Learn more about how your investment makes a profound difference for each and every person in our community.