Reports to: Development Director
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: Starts at $30.87/hour, Benefits Included
Classification: Regular, Nonexempt/Hourly
LifeWire is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Survivors of domestic violence and BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
LifeWire offers a generous benefits package, including:
- 100% of employee premiums for excellent health, vision and dental plans, including a Health Savings Accounts alternative
- 401K with 2% employer retirement contributions after 1st-year employment
- Employer-paid short-term disability and group life insurance coverage
- 24 days of Paid Time Off, rising to 30 days of PTO after five years and 36 days of PTO after ten years
- Ten paid holidays, plus two floating holidays
- Flexible schedules and remote-work arrangements
LifeWire is still mostly working remotely. When we return to “normal,” we plan to allow flexible arrangements that will meet the needs of survivors while still allowing employees who would prefer to work from home to do so a few days per week.
LifeWire’s Vision / Mission:
LifeWire supports survivors of domestic violence on their path towards safety, stability, and healing. We work to end domestic violence by changing community beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Domestic violence is a human rights issue. LifeWire envisions a community in which every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression and with the opportunity to thrive.
Everyone deserves to live free from fear and violence. From a safe home, each of us can work, learn, play, and fully contribute to our community. At LifeWire, we help adults, children, and youth impacted by domestic violence build safer and healthier lives by offering support, resources, and professional services. And we work with youth and young adults to develop healthy foundations early in life, preventing future violence.
Overview of Position:
Strengthen LifeWire’s brand and visibility and increase revenue from private funds by developing, managing, and implementing an inspiring and comprehensive media and communications plan, and by leading the coordination of two large-scale fundraising events.
- Create, implement, and manage an effective communications plan and workflow for internal and external organizational needs.
- Manage external communications, including LifeWire’s website, newsletters, social media presence, annual report, and media relations needs.
- Draft the creation of communications content and collateral in collaboration with the Development Director.
- Oversee branding and ensure messaging and voice are consistent with LifeWire’s mission and priorities.
- Collaborate with staff across LifeWire to collect program information, statistics, and stories. Develop a collaborative and healthy work environment.
- Lead LifeWire’s Advocacy Committee with support and involvement from staff across the agency to develop external messaging about LifeWire’s work and presence in the larger community.
- In collaboration with the Development Department, plan, promote and execute major fundraising events, including the Gala and Auction, Breakfast, and online giving campaigns.
- Manage fundraising software for online donations and virtual events.
- Recruit and manage communications, and events volunteers, including Auction and Breakfast committees.
- Collaboratively and cooperatively work with the Development Department and others to identify and build relationships with new corporate, community, and philanthropic groups to garner in-kind and cash donation
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with board members, community supporters, volunteers, media, and government representatives.
- Appropriately coach staff, board, and volunteers on expectations related to organizational communications.
- Support the Development Director’s vision, strategic planning, and management of daily operations for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience and 2 years’ work in a related role.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in planning and project managing major fundraising events with diverse stakeholders preferred.
- Excellent, direct, and concise communications skills (oral, written, listening, and public speaking).
- Experience developing and implementing communications plans.
- Experience managing and growing digital media including websites, social media, and email.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with email marketing software, website tools, and graphic design.
- Experience, ability, and willingness to work with a culturally diverse team and participants.
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Outstanding ability to organize self and others in an efficient, diplomatic and effective manner.
- Demonstrated skill to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attend work regularly, including scheduled work time outside of typical office hours.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Candidates selected for an in-person interview will be asked to fill out a Job Application.