Reports to: Co-Executive Director of Organizational Operations
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: $110,000/year DOE
Classification: Regular, Exempt
Reviewed: January 2023
LifeWire is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value diversity on our staff. Survivors of domestic violence and BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
LifeWire offers a generous benefits package, including:
- 100% of employee premiums for excellent health, vision and dental plans, a Health Savings Accounts alternative, EAP, and transit commuter card benefit
- 401K with 2% employer retirement contributions after 1st-year employment
- Employer-paid short-term disability and group life insurance coverage
- 30 days of Paid Time Off for the first 5 years of employment, increasing at 5 and 10 years of service
- 10 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays
- Flexible schedules and remote-work arrangements
LifeWire plans to allow flexible arrangements that will meet the needs of survivors while still allowing employees who would prefer to work from home to do so a few days per week.
LifeWire’s Vision / Mission:
LifeWire supports survivors of domestic violence on their path towards safety, stability, and healing. We work to end domestic violence by changing community beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Domestic violence is a human rights issue. LifeWire envisions a community in which every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression and with the opportunity to thrive.
Everyone deserves to live free from fear and violence. From a safe home, each of us can work, learn, play, and fully contribute to our community. At LifeWire, we help adults, children, and youth impacted by domestic violence build safer and healthier lives by offering support, resources, and professional services. And we work with youth and young adults to develop healthy foundations early in life, preventing future violence.
Overview of Position:
Provide oversight of LifeWire’s Finance Team and scope by working with the Executive Management Team to establish and improve the management of public and private grant funds, timely develop financial reports, respond to audit and financial monitoring activity, and implement policies and procedures that guide LifeWire’s financial operations. Provide the highest level of mission focus, integrity, professional experience, and mentorship in collaborating with LifeWire’s staff, board of directors, donors, and external partners.
- Support and supervise LifeWire’s general accounting functions and personnel (e.g. payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking).
- Foster a culturally competent, trauma-informed work environment of trust and mutual support on the Finance team, championing LifeWire’s values, vision, and strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team in the development and implementation of agency policies, procedures, internal controls, and systems to support the overall operation and effectiveness of the Finance department.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist the Co-Executive Directors, the Board, the Finance Committee and senior staff in performing their responsibilities for both daily operations and capital projects.
- Project manage the development of the agency annual budget alongside the Co-Executive Directors and develop tools to facilitate day-to-day monitoring of the budget. Oversee annual audit, other compliance reporting, and financial controls.
- Partner with finance staff and the grants team to develop budgets for public funding applications and grants in collaboration with the executive team.
- Prepare cash flow projections for operating funds in collaboration with the Co-Executive Director of Organizational Operations;
- Oversee cash management processes in compliance with investment policy, communicating regularly with the Co-Executive Directors and board finance committee about any areas needing review, attention, or further procedural improvements.
- Develop financial statements in accordance with GAAP standards; act as primary contact for external auditors, informing the executive team of any need for support and documentation.
- Collaborate with the Co-Executive Director for Organizational Operations, Operations Director, and Facilities Manager to develop annual and multi-year financial projections for capital replacements and repairs; oversee risk management program; oversee and implement Technology Plan.
- Provide leadership, management, and shared vision necessary to ensure that the agency has systems in place that ensure the proper operational controls, and administrative and reporting procedures.
- Participate with the executive team and board in long-range planning and provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience in accounting/finance; 5 years of financial management experience in nonprofit organizations.
- Experience supporting and leading an accounting team and its workflow.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive, compassionate workplace where diversity and individual experiences are valued and supported to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills. Multilingual skills are valued. Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, Vietnamese, or Korean is highly desirable.
- Experience, skill, and willingness to work with a culturally and linguistically diverse team.
- High ethical standards and an excellent track record.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel and financial management tools.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated skill to organize self and others in an efficient, diplomatic, and effective manner.
- Attend work regularly, including scheduled work time outside of typical office hours.
How to Apply:
To apply for an open position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 425-649-0752 or by mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 6398
Bellevue, WA 98008
Candidates selected for an in-person interview will be asked to fill out a Job Application.