Your donations of personal and household essentials help survivors and families build healthier and more comfortable homes.
COVID-19 specific needs:
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and hand sanitizer
- Newer laptops (less than 5 years old), so kids can continue distance learning and parents can connect with their advocates and support networks
- New personal care items in travel or full sizes, including soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, razors, period products, toilet paper, and first aid kits. We especially need hair and skin products that meet the needs of Black survivors, like those made by Cantu and Palmer’s.
- Diapers (including partial boxes) and wipes.
- New cleaning and disinfectant supplies, including Clorox wipes, dish soap, laundry detergent, bleach, sponges, paper towels.
- Kitchen items, including dishes, silverware, bake wear, glasses, pots and pans, coffee pots, rice cookers, microwaves, electric kettles.
- Air mattresses and new linens, including towels, blankets, and sheets.
- Prepaid phones, including Tracfones.
- Children’s and YA books, especially books featuring Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC) characters or trauma survivors.
- Adult books centered around trauma and healing.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the best way to make an in-kind donation is by purchasing items from our Amazon Wish List and ship them directly to LifeWire.
Gift cards may not be as exciting to give as other items, but they are one of the easiest ways to make a significant impact. Grocery, gas, and clothing gift cards give survivors the flexibility to purchase the items they need to live safer and healthier lives. It’s also faster and easier for advocates to email, mail, or drop off a gift card than collect and distribute all of the items a survivor may need. You can also regift your unused or partially used gift cards. Mail to LifeWire, PO Box 6398, Bellevue WA 98008 or email to email@example.com.
Donate your car
LifeWire accepts vehicle donations through our partnership with Volunteers of America (VOA) Western Washington. VOA of Western Washington takes care of the paperwork and towing your vehicle (if needed). We split the proceeds with half of your vehicle donation going to LifeWire and the other half to Volunteers of America. To donate your vehicle, visit VOA’s website.
Items we cannot accept
We appreciate your generosity, unfortunately, we have limited storage space and capacity to accept donations, especially larger items. We cannot accept:
- Any used cloth material, including stuffed animals, clothing, mattresses, linens, or towels. Please consider donating these items to our community partners: Eastside Community Aid Thrift, Working Wardrobe YMCA, Goodwill, Dress for Success, Eastside Baby Corner.
- Furniture and large appliances. Please consider supporting: Northwest Furniture Bank, Value Village.
- Used electronics (except newer laptops). Please consider supporting: Interconnections
- Items that are damaged or in need of repair.
If you would like to make a donation or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.