DV Advocacy and Volunteer Training Cohort
Survivors of domestic violence face unique barriers and challenges to living safer and healthier lives. Our comprehensive Domestic Violence Advocacy and Volunteer Training cohort provides future volunteers, partner agencies and community members with the specialized training needed to begin the important work of serving survivors. Currently offered once a year in the Fall, full participation in the cohort is mandatory for anyone interested in volunteering at the direct service level.
Applications and Registration for the Fall 2023 DV Advocacy and Volunteer Training cohort will open soon! Check back for updates or email email@example.com to get on the email list for registration updates.
Stay tuned for 2023 Advocacy and Volunteer Training Schedule.
2022 Cohort Topics Included:
- History of the DV movement.
- Understanding domestic violence
- Domestic violence through a social justice lens, privilege, and anti-oppression
- Domestic violence and homelessness
- Domestic violence and economic justice and systems advocacy
- Domestic violence and children and youth
- Domestic violence and mental health and substance use
- Domestic violence and the legal system
- Safety planning, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention
- Providing services and advocacy to individuals from marginalized populations.
- LifeWire’s policies and procedures.