Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: $95,000- $105,000 annually
Classification: Regular, Exempt
LifeWire is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Survivors of domestic violence and BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
LifeWire offers a generous benefits package, including:
- 100% of employee premiums for excellent health, vision and dental plans, including a Health Savings Accounts alternative
- 401K with 2% employer retirement contributions after 1st-year employment
- Employer-paid short-term disability and group life insurance coverage
- 24 days of Paid Time Off, rising to 30 days of PTO after five years and 36 days of PTO after ten years
- Ten paid holidays, plus two floating holidays
- Flexible schedules and remote-work arrangements
LifeWire is still mostly working remotely. When we return to “normal,” we plan to allow flexible arrangements that will meet the needs of survivors while still allowing employees who would prefer to work from home to do so a few days per week.
LifeWire’s Vision / Mission:
LifeWire supports survivors of domestic violence on their path towards safety, stability, and healing. We work to end domestic violence by changing community beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Domestic violence is a human rights issue. LifeWire envisions a community in which every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression and with the opportunity to thrive.
Everyone deserves to live free from fear and violence. From a safe home, each of us can work, learn, play, and fully contribute to our community. At LifeWire, we help adults, children, and youth impacted by domestic violence build safer and healthier lives by offering support, resources, and professional services. And we work with youth and young adults to develop healthy foundations early in life, preventing future violence.
Overview of Position:
LifeWire’s Housing Director leads the two staff teams that make up LifeWire’s Housing Department (Housing
Stability Services and Homelessness Services), working collaboratively to support shelter and housing
voucher programs and their related supportive services, emergency hotel stays, and flexible funding
opportunities available to survivors of domestic violence and their children. The Housing Department
collaborates closely with the Services Department to ensure continuity of comprehensive, survivor‐centered,
trauma‐informed, mission‐centered programs that promote healing and stability over time. The Housing
Director is a member of LifeWire’s executive leadership team.
- Support the hiring, retention, mentorship, and supervision of the Housing Stability Services and Homelessness Services teams in partnership with their managers.
- Sustain and further develop mission-focused operational planning for LifeWire’s housing programs and services.
- Participate in securing public and private grants to continue to fund LifeWire’s shelter and housing programs, ensuring that recordkeeping and reporting information is entered timely and accurately by staff.
- Partner with the Homelessness Services Team and Facilities Manager to deliver services that establish and maintain a safe, healthy, well-maintained shelter and office space at the 25-unit Hope Starts Here Apartments.
- Contribute to strategic direction of the Housing Department and LifeWire as a whole.
- Establish and maintain supportive partnerships with community stakeholders and groups, furthering the positive presence of LifeWire’s programs and services in the agency’s catchment area.
- Provide onsite support and direction for the shelter and office work locations of the teams.
- Foster a work environment of trustworthiness, clear communication, and trauma responsiveness across the department and the organization.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned in support of LifeWire’s mission.
- The ideal candidate will have proven success in operating supportive housing programs and properties, with at least 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory leadership roles in the nonprofit or affordable housing sector.
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness in hiring, training, mentoring and retaining a skilled staff team of managers and direct services staff.
- Experience in applying for and managing public funding grants for housing programs.
- Understanding of landlord-tenant relationships and responsibilities, collaboratively managing workflows for repairs, maintenance, and capital improvements with staff and vendors.
- Demonstrated skill to build relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience creating and implementing training and professional development plans for rising managers.
- Experience in skillfully facilitating challenging/sensitive conversations.
- Experience and demonstrated skill working effectively with a culturally diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and written and oral communication skills.
- Must meet LifeWire background check requirements.
- Access to reliable transportation and valid Washington State driver’s license.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates selected for an in-person interview will be asked to fill out a Job Application.