You Make a Difference for Survivors
Everyone needs a safe and healthy home to sustain well-being and fully contribute to our community.
At LifeWire, we help adults, children, and youth who have been impacted by domestic violence to build safer, healthier homes by offering support, resources, and professional services, including survivor advocacy, mental health therapy, legal advocacy, shelter, and housing. And we work with youth and young adults to develop healthy foundations early in life, preventing future violence.
Thanks to your help, we’re building a world where no one has to choose between staying in a violent home and becoming homeless, every young person learns what a healthy relationship looks like, and LifeWire’s services are here for every survivor who needs them.
Thanks to your support, in 2019:
- More than 3,200 survivors of domestic violence connected with LifeWire’s services to reach greater safety, freedom, and healing.
- 908 survivors worked one-on-one with a LifeWire advocate to heal from physical, financial, emotional, and other forms of abuse.
- 282 families found safer homes through LifeWire’s homelessness and housing stabilization services.
- 264 survivors received domestic violence-informed Mental Health Therapy to heal from their experiences.
- 202 survivors received support from LifeWire’s Legal Advocacy services team for domestic violence-related legal issues, including Protection Orders and custody challenges.
- 2,276 high school and college students learned about dating violence and healthy relationships.
LifeWire has helped over 148,000 survivors of domestic violence, but we measure our impact by more than the numbers.
Success, to us, means:
- Survivors feeling safe and independent after leaving an abusive partner.
- Adults and young people building skills that contribute to positive, healthy, and balanced lives.
- Families and individuals finding long-term stability after their lives have been uprooted by violence.
- Schools promoting gender equity and challenging violent attitudes and behaviors.
Click on the Impact Report links to learn how your support has made a difference to survivors in our community. By working together, we can fulfill our mission to end domestic violence and create a world where every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression, and with the opportunity to thrive.