LifeWire is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value diversity on our staff. Survivors of domestic violence and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
LifeWire is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded in 1982 to help adults, children, and youth who have been impacted by domestic violence to build safer, healthier homes by offering support, resources, and professional services including survivor advocacy, mental health therapy, legal advocacy, shelter, and housing. LifeWire is a healthy, fiscally-stable organization with a dedicated Board and staff poised to further its mission: to end domestic violence by changing individual, institutional and societal beliefs, attitudes and behaviors that perpetuate it.
Domestic violence is a human rights issue. LifeWire envisions a world in which every person lives in a safe environment, free from oppression and with the opportunity to thrive.
LifeWire delivers unique and compassionate services that provide profound healing. We focus on truly supporting survivors and giving them every opportunity to thrive and succeed. We offer opportunity and hope through services that empower survivors, provide safe housing and promote healthy relationships for the next generation. As a result, survivors are able to attend to their basic needs, find peace, and rebuild their lives. Each survivor reaching out to LifeWire has a unique story. Each individual success is a victory.
LifeWire is seeking a Services Director who is a highly-motivated collaborative leader with a passion for the mission. LifeWire will be best served by the future Services Director’s ability to develop and manage teams providing the leadership necessary to ensure that services meet survivor needs and further mission reach.
Purpose and Role:
As part of the Executive Management Team, the Services Director will assist with establishing and carrying out long-range goals and strategies for the agency and provide leadership and management of survivor services. The successful applicant will possess: experience in nonprofit program design and implementation with an emphasis in human services, collaborative leadership, strategic management and strong communication skills with diverse audiences using a variety of methods.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualities and attributes:
- Strong commitment to LifeWire’s mission and familiarity with patterns and dynamics related to domestic violence
- Strong orientation toward social justice concerns
- Demonstrated success in building and managing collaborative teams and leading agency direct service programs to strong results
- Outstanding ability to organize self and others in an efficient, diplomatic and effective manner
- Experience in DV advocacy, housing and/or mental health counseling
- Experience and integrity in contract compliance
- Extensive interpersonal and relationship-building skills with all people and personalities
- Experience, ability and willingness to build and work with a culturally diverse team with an understanding and sensitivity to social and racial justice
- Thoughtful decision maker who gathers, synthesizes and incorporates various sources of information and points of view, including those related to equality and diversity
- Creative thinker who demonstrates ingenuity, compassion, flexibility, adaptability and works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics and positively represent LifeWire in the community
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Leadership & Communication:
Collaborate with Executive Team to develop annual plans based on the organization’s long-term vision that ensure quality services are aligned with mission. Provide strategic leadership of survivor services which includes some or all of the following: survivor advocacy, facility- based housing, housing stability services, legal advocacy, and mental health counseling. Oversee volunteer/ intern programs. Foster strong relationships. Work collaboratively with agency staff and, in particular, the Development Department to present LifeWire to the public in an effective manner. Resolve escalated staff and survivor concerns. Develop and maintain services partnerships. Represent LifeWire’s services and survivor needs in the DV community. Be transparent and appropriate.
Ensure delivery of outstanding survivor services. Remain current on local and national trends, making recommendations and implementing strategic changes to enhance agency’s service performance. In partnership with the Operations Director, develop and implement agency policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure service accountability.
Budget and Contractual Management:
In partnership with Finance Director, manage survivor services budgets, monitoring revenue and expenses in relation to program performance and desired outcomes. Ensure service accountability for achieving outcome data and project goals; meet financial and data documentation needs. Build and maintain successful relationships with contract monitors and manage services to comply with contract and legal requirements.
Staff Development and Supervision: Provide leadership, staff development and supervision that supports outstanding survivor services. Oversee volunteer and intern training and activities as they relate to survivor services.
Current Direct Reports:
- Survivor Advocacy Services Manager (1.0 FTE)
- Housing Stability Services Manager (1.0 FTE)
- Resources Manager (1.0 FTE)
- Homelessness Services Manager (1.0 FTE)
Total current direct supervision of 4.0 FTE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Three (3) years nonprofit management experience
- Proven record in successful program design and implementation preferably in human services
A summary of qualifications limited to two pages and a cover letter including a personal statement expressing how the mission of LifeWire aligns with your personal and professional goals.
$75,000 – $85,000
Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
PTO and Paid Holidays
2% annual contribution to 401k
Submission deadline: September 9
Preliminary phone interviews: Week of September 16
Final interviews anticipated: October 2 & 4
Position to be filled by: 2nd week of November